- Jim Deavor, Department Chair, Chemistry
- Amy Thompson McCandless, Dean of Graduate School
- Erin Beutel, Associate Professor, Department of Geology
- Calvin Blackwell, Associate Professor, Department of Economics and Finance Seaton Brown, President, Student Government Association
- David Cohen, Dean, School of Languages, Cultures and World Affairs
- Bob Cape, Senior Vice President, Information Technology
- Frances Welch, Dean, School of Education, Health and Human Performance
- Whitney Hinds, Past President, Student Government Association
- Simon Lewis, Associate Professor, Department of English
- Marian Mazzone, Department Chair, Art History
- Susan Morrison, Associate Provost and Assistant Professor, Biology
- Pam Niesslein, Associate Vice President, Accountability, Accreditation, Planning & Assessment
- Darryl Phillips, Department Chair, Classics
- Kolo Rathburn, Vice President, Graduate Student Assn.
- Lisa Thomson Ross, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
- Michelle Smith, Director of Information Services
- Sue Sommer-Kresse, Senior Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Planning
- Marjorie Thomas, Senior Assistant to the Executive Vice President for Student Affairs
Subcommittees, Chairpersons & Responsibilities
Assessment — Erin Beutel
Educate all Strategic Planning committees regarding assessment tools and measures, assist in devising assessment instruments, as appropriate, including plans for future assessments to ensure measurement of Strategic Planning goals.
Competitive Analysis — Darryl Phillips
Examine other higher education institutions in the state, region and nation with similar purpose and core values to ascertain the nature of their programs and resources and to determine our competitive advantages and challenges. Analyze and synthesize the information and data in a format that can be reviewed by the Strategic Planning Committee.
Environmental Analysis — David Cohen
Examine the external economic, academic and political environments of the College of Charleston in order to identify factors that may affect its future. Analyze and synthesize the information and data in a format that can be reviewed by the Strategic Planning Committee.
Focus Groups — Marjorie Thomas and Lisa Ross
Work with the Office of Accountability, Accreditation, Planning and Assessment to facilitate focus group meetings with individuals including students, faculty, retired faculty, staff, College of Charleston administrators, alumni, parents, business and community leaders, friends and donors concerning their perceptions of what improvements in the College of Charleston are necessary for it to be recognized as a world-class institution. Analyze and synthesize the information and data in a format that can be reviewed by the Strategic Planning Committee.
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) — Simon Lewis
Work with the President's Executive Council to determine the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT Analysis) of their areas of responsibilities. The committee will establish the format and analyze and synthesize the information and data in a format that can be reviewed by the Strategic Planning Committee.
Dixie Plantation — Susan Morrison
To develop a plan for the use of the property that maximizes this asset for the benefit of the College community, mindful of the environmental and educational desires of the donor and within the easement requirements. Analyze and synthesize the information and data in a format that can be reviewed by the Strategic Planning Steering Committee.