Garage parking will be available in the core of campus at the following locations for a special event rate of $5.00 per vehicle.
- The new George Garage, located on St. Philip Street between George and Liberty Streets (next to CVS)
- The College's St. Philip Street Garage, located on St. Philip Street between Vanderhorst and Calhoun Streets (next to the AT&T Building)
- The Wentworth Street Garage, located on the corner of Wentworth and St. Philip Streets
Please note that guests parking in these garages will be required to present their commencement programs upon exiting the garage in order to be eligible for the $5.00 special rate. The $5.00 rate will be available only to vehicles that enter and exit these garages on Saturday, 5/11/13. Please refer to the College of Charleston parking map for the exact locations of the above-listed garages.
The College of Charleston surface parking lots will be available only to faculty, staff and students working the ceremonies.
Handicap accessible parking is available in all of the garages listed above. A valid state-issued handicap-accessible placard is required to park in these locations.
Hourly parking is available for the normal hourly fee in the following locations (fee may vary by location):
- The municipal surface lot on George Street (across from the F. Mitchell Johnson Physical Education Center)
- The Majestic Square parking garage (behind Saks near the corner of King and Market Streets)
- The Francis Marion garage (located on King Street across from Marion Square)
- The Renaissance garage (located on Wentworth Street across from the Renaissance Hotel)
- The Charleston Place garage (located behind the Charleston Place Hotel; accessed from Hasell Street)
Please note that the locations listed directly above are listed as a courtesy and will not be available at a special rate. Please check the individual locations to inquire about their hourly rates.
Public Safety will be on duty to offer assistance and directions.