Electronic Ticket Information
Important Dates and times:
March 17 at 11:00 AM EST Initial Undergraduate Multiple Major emails will be sent for those cleared to walk.
April 17 at 11:00 AM EST Ticket form goes live on Commencement Ticket channel located behind the Academic Services Tab on My Charleston.
May 11 at 10:00 AM EST Undergraduate Multiple Major form will close
May 11 at 12:00 PM EST Commencement Ticket channel will close.
- If you are a multiple major undergraduate candidate, complete the Multiple Major form emailed to your official college email address. If you are an undergraduate with a single major, or a graduate student with single or multiple major(s), this bullet point does not apply to you. The form must be completed before you can reserve your tickets. Once you log-in with your CWID, the form will list your eligible majors. Immediately below that list, you will see a drop down menu that lists all majors the College offers. Please select one of your eligible majors. But note-- once you submit the form, you cannot make any changes. You will not be able access this form if you change your mind later. If you select an ineligible major (one you have not declared or not completed), you will not be added to the Commencement Ticket list until the error is corrected. The way that will happen is that you will receive an email prompting you to correct the error. By selecting one of your majors, you will be selecting the ceremony you must attend. It is not possible to be seated at any ceremony for any majors not your own.
- To reserve your tickets, log in to MyCharleston and select the Academic Services Tab and locate the Commencement Tickets Channel. Please note that the tickets you receive for your guests are unique to each ceremony and are not interchangeable.
- As a Candidate you do not need a ticket for commencement, but every other person, regardless of age, needs a ticket to enter Cistern Yard.
- Each candidate may reserve up to four (4) tickets. Additional guests may view the ceremony at one of the air-conditioned satellite locations or online. Tickets are not required for the satellite locations (Stern Center, School of Science and Mathematics and Simons Center for the Arts). The ceremonies will also be live streamed on the website at http://www.cofc.edu
- You may only sign up for tickets once. You will not be able to access the ticket portal to make changes or request more tickets. Please select the maximum number of tickets you will ultimately need.
- The name on the ticket and the name of the guest do not need to match. Guests will not be asked to produce identification. If you do not know the names of any or all of your guests, fill in your name on any or all of your tickets followed by “1”, “2”, “3” or “4” so you can keep track of which ticket is for each of your guests.
- You will receive an email confirmation once you complete the ticket form. This confirmation can be used to print or transmit the electronic tickets to your guests. You may also print or transmit the electronic tickets from the ticket form immediately after completion. Please be aware of the fact that scanning technology will not allow for duplicates. So if the same ticket is mistakenly sent to more than one person, only the first guest presenting the ticket will be admitted. . Tickets with QR codes that have been altered or tickets where the QR code is not visible will not be accepted for entry. See tips at http://support.inviteright.com/article/77-printing-tickets.
- Your guests may present a printed copy of the ticket (with QR code visible) or an electronic ticket (with QR code visible) via device when entering Cistern Yard for the first time. Please have these open and ready to be scanned. If you leave Cistern Yard, you must first obtain the official hand-stamp and it must be visible for re-entry.
- Buyer beware warning! Only tickets obtained through the official College of Charleston Commencement ticket process are guaranteed to be authentic. If you purchase or acquire tickets from another source, you are solely responsible for verifying the authenticity. Guests presenting tickets with unreadable or altered QR Codes or QR Codes that have already been scanned will be refused admission. There will be no exceptions.
- If you have a question that is not addressed above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an answer to any question not addressed above.