Diplomas will be ordered for students who graduate successfully in the term in which they apply after their degree has been conferred. Diplomas will be mailed 4 - 8 weeks after conferral providing the graduate doesn't have a financial hold. To ensure accuracy and avoid delays in receiving your diploma, please check the following information via your MyCharleston account:
1. Degree Works degree audit - after grades are available online, check to make sure all coursework was successfully completed and graded (nothing listed as incomplete, still in progress or nearly complete). Overall, major and minor (if applicable) GPA's are included on the degree audit for your review. You can also check to ensure your degree was conferred (awarded) by checking your unofficial transcript via your MyCharleston account.
2. Check your eBill account to be sure you don't have an account balance - diplomas won't be released to graduates with an account balance or financial hold.
3. Check to make sure the diploma mailing address* you listed on your graduation application is accurately listed and is a place where you can receive mail up to 12 weeks after graduation.
4. Diplomas are printed with the full legal name of the student as it is on record at the College. Address any concerns you may have about how your name will be printed to our attention by the date listed below to avoid delays and additional fees:
- December 15, 2016: Fall, 2016 graduates
- May 10, 2017: Spring, 2017 graduates
- August 4, 2017: Summer 2017** graduates
*You can view your Diploma Mailing address by going to your MyCharleston account and following this path: Academic Services (tab)→Banner Self-Service→Student→Student Records→View Application to Graduate. Changes to this address can only be made by either sending an email (must be from college-issued account) to: email@example.com or completing a Graduation Update form.
**Summer term includes Maymester and all Summer sessions; summer degree conferral is in August.