Master of Arts in Teaching
(48 Credit Hours)
We will prepare you with the pedagogy necessary to develop the emotional and intellectual abilities of children in grades two through six.
The program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and recognized by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions; minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Official GRE scores; official TOEFL scores if your primary language is not English
- Undergraduate coursework reflecting a broad liberal arts background.
- A professional résumé and two letters of recommendation regarding your academic and/or work experience. One should be from someone who has observed you working with children.
- Self-assessment of professional goals and cover letter stating your reasons for pursuing a teaching career
- Statement of ability to perform essential teaching duties under the Americans with Disabilities Act
For the most up-to-date information, go to treasurer.cofc.edu.
Fall priority deadline for completed applications: March 15 (This deadline is for those students seeking scholarships and assistantships.)
Fall deadline for all other completed applications: July 1
Angela Crespo Cozart