We set several records!
- Parade Magazine named the College of Charleston a “Best Small Public College.”
- 2,285 people attended A Charleston Affair, the signature event for the Office of Alumni Relations
- Students raised $75,000 through Dance Marathon benefitting MUSC Children’s Hospital
- We tripled the number of students studying abroad
- We also reached 25,000 fans on our College of Charleston Facebook page – do you LIKE us?
B.Y.O.B. – bring your own broom! Our Quidditch team is ranked No. 12 in the world!
The College of Charleston campus was the place to be this year!
- Jason Mraz gave the first-ever concert in the Carolina First Arena
- PRI reporter Linda Gradstein taught classes in the Jewish Studies Program
- Activist and Nobel Prize nominee Greg Mortenson inspired students
- Music professor Marc Regnier was nominated for two GRAMMYs
Randolph Hall, the Cistern Yard, Towell Library and Porters Lodge underwent and extensive restoration and preservation process, which wrapped up in December, and a new natural History Museum opened in the new School of Sciences and Mathematics Building.
Athletics had a big year!
- Men’s soccer team and the baseball team competed in the NCAA tournament
- Women’s sailing team won the ICSA championship, with Allie Blecher '10 earning the Quantum Women's Sailor of the Year award
- Volleyball team claimed it's 10th SoCon title
- Women’s tennis team won a SoCon championship!