Year In Review 2013
On a National Stage
- The Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda tapes two shows on campus.
- A new athletics brand identity is unveiled. Find out more about the process.
- College officially enters the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) and the volleyball team wins the College’s first CAA championship.
- International Fossil Collector Mace Brown donates his $1.6 million collection to the College.
- Spanish Professor Devon Hanahan is second highest ranked professor in the nation, according to Rate My Professor.
- Junior biology major Alix Generous presents at TEDx Albuquerque and at the U.N. Convention on Climate Change.
- The College wins the ICSA Gill Co-Ed National championship and Juan Maegli is named College Sailor of the Year.
- The College’s crew club team wins the ACRA National Title.
- The College is one of six organizations to be part of the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) launch.
- About.com names the College a Top 10 School.
Closer to Home
- President George P. Benson announces his return to the faculty.
- Student Liza Wood earns Fulbright Fellowship to study sustainability.
- Sophomore computer science major Will Jamieson launched two apps that were downloaded more than one million times.
- College is top Peace Corps volunteer producer.
- The College remembers former President Ted Stern.
- Coca-Cola established a first generation scholars program.
- Acclaimed war correspondent and Academy Award nominee Sebastian Junger spoke to students and at a Friends of the Library event.
- College launches the new Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) program.
- CofC.edu gets a new look.
- Business students invest $50,000 as part of the new Investment Program.
- The new George St. Fitness Center opens.
- College celebrates first graduates of three programs: public health (B.A. and B.S.) and exercise science.
- Report shows College has major economic impact on region.
- The first two in!Genius events were held – one hour, six speakers, an event for the mind.